|Posted by Dash on December 12, 2014 at 11:25 AM||comments (0)|
I think almost everyone I talk to has noticed Nik Brown's absense from the UNCG basketball team. The athletics department released this statement today ...
UNCG men’s basketball junior guard Nik Brown (Washington, D.C./Brunswick CC) has left the program for medical reasons and is no longer enrolled at the school, head coach Wes Miller announced Friday. Brown has sat out all nine games this year due to medical reasons after transferring in from Brunswick Community College.
|Posted by Dash on September 10, 2014 at 9:55 PM||comments (0)|
Today has brought about a few interesting pieces of news for the basketball team.
- First off UNCG offered 2015 prep center Derrik Smits (Zionsville, IN) last night, according to his twitter feed. Smits is 7'0" and is the son of former Indiana Pacer Rik Smits. Not sure if UNCG is late to the party for Smits as this is his 7th offer. He also holds offers from Clemson, Xavier, Butler, Indiana State, Ball State and UTEP.
- According to this article, Jax Levitch is scheduled to visit to take an official visit to UNCG on September 27-28. The Spartans are 1 of 4 schools that Levitch will be checking out. He's also scheduled to visit UNCW (#therivalry) and IPFW. He took an official visit to Delaware this past weekend.
"Levitch averaged 5.6 points per game and made 46 of 102 3-point tries (45.1 percent) last season for the state semifinalists. He was a standout player and received considerable recruiting interest during the July evaluation periods while playing for The Ville club, which won the AAU national championship."
- There is currently a very interesting rumor making it way around twitter concerning UNCG junior transfer student Ben Dickinson.
— Cade Lemcke (@CoachCade) September 10, 2014
If true, this is absolutely huge news for UNCG. Dickinson may be a starter or play starter minutes this year and will help with depth from the inevitable foul trouble that comes with playing in the SoCon. I'm waiting to hear this news confirmed by media outlets before I let myself completely believe it.
With the start of the fall recruiting season this week, look for plenty of more news about UNCG offers to roll out every day or two. Be sure to follow me on twitter for the latest info.
|Posted by Dash on September 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM||comments (0)|
The holiday weekend kept me from my Friday post to set up the weekend. But never fear, I'm back to recap all the things that happened over this long weekend. I'll save any men's soccer post for another day so I can update the results from tonight's match. So, let's get on with it.
- The volleyball team had a very nice showing this opening weekend. The Spartans swept Sacramento State before falling to the host 49ers on Friday. They rebounded to defeat MEAC member Morgan State on Saturday. The team will head up to Lynchburg, VA to compete in the Liberty ournament this coming weekend. They will take on USC-Upstate on Friday before playing Howard and the host Flames on Saturday.
- The women's soccer team had big bounce back week after a rough opening weekend. They picked up 2 wins this week and both in dramatic fashion. Chesney White scored on a breakaway with a little over a minute left to defeat the defending Big South champs, Liberty, on the road last Tuesday.
On Friday night, UNCG scored twice in the last 10 minutes (including the game winner with 30 seconds left) to defeat visiting Army 2-1. The team now sits at 2-2 after 2 weeks of the season.
- UNCG basketball target Kentrell Barkley committed to ECU while on a visit there this past weekend. Barkey is one of the top 5 prospects from NC in the 2015 class. ECU had been after him the hardest and this isn't a big surprise, but UNCG still doesn't have a commit in the 2015 class and that is a bit disappointing.
- From the "I can't make this crap up" department is the story of UNCW's mascot statue being stolen and the police tracing it back to UNCG students. Let's face it, we need a rival and what better way to get one then to randomly steal shit from their campus? Hence forth I will be referring to all contests with the Seahawks as #therivalry. Get on board Wilmington !!!
Okay, that's all I've got. Hope everyone had a safe and great Labor Day weekend. Keep checking the site as I have some new stuff I'm about ready to roll out in the next week.
|Posted by Dash on August 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM||comments (0)|
Since I've been out of town on vacation for the last 10 days, I figured I'd try to catch up on things that have went on lately.
- 2015 SG Caleb Homesley (Indian Trail, NC) announced on Twitter that he'd be taking an unofficial visit to UNCG next weekend. Homesley currently holds offers from UNCG, Kent State, App State, Gardner-Webb, Abilene Christian, Liberty, High Point and the Citadel.
- UNCG added to its offers list this past week with 2015 SG Jax Levitch (6'5" Louisville, KY) and PG Joseph Chartouny (6'3" Montreal, Canada). Chartouny currently holds 13 D1offers and Levitch has 9.
- The schedule for the Eastern Michigan Tournement was leaked this week. UNCG will play Longwood on 11/21, Eastern Michigan on 11/22 and Youngstown State on 11/23.
- The women's soccer team battled Ohio University to a 2-2 tie on Thursday in an exhibition match. Chesney White (Jr Franklin, TN) scored both UNCG goals. These smae 2 teams played to a 0-0 tie last season in exhibition play. The regular season starts at home this Friday against Charlotte.
That's all for now. On a side note, I just want to thank everyone for visiting the new site. I know it's still a work in progress but I still very much appreciate all of the support.